- Ask the participants to split up into two equally large groups. One group forms an inner circle and the other group an outer circle.
- Everyone in the outer circle pairs up with a person in the inner circle.
- Next, give 3-4 picture cards facing down to each participant.
- Ask everyone in the inner circle to turn the first card and improvise a presentation from the card. The inner circle participant gets one minute to present to their outer circle partner.
- Then the two partners change roles and repeat the process.
- When both participants have talked, they thank each other, say goodbye, and move four steps so they face a new partner.
- Repeat the process until all cards have been turned and everyone has talked four times.
The exercise can also be used in a work context where the participants can train creativity and get a deeper understanding of a subject, for instance ”What is democracy?”, “What is good teaching?”, ”What is a good workday?”, etc.