- Lay out one or more sets of Dialoogle Magnum cards on the floor. Use one set for every ten people.
- Ask all participants to think of a positive experience from their daily work life. Now ask them to each choose an image that reminds them of the experience in question.
- Divide the participants into smaller groups of four to seven and give each group member no more than two minutes each to tell the others about their experience.
- When all participants have told the others about their experience, ask them to form new groups and tell their story once more.
- Form new groups a third time and repeat. You may need to make sure that no one is grouped with the same people more than once.
- By now the participants have heard 12-21 stories in less than an hour and have a good idea of the culture in the workplace. Ask the participants to place a hand on the shoulder of a colleague who told a story that has touched them in particular.
- When all participants have done so, choose the three or four participants who have the most hands on their shoulders and ask them to tell their stories in plenum.
- Once the stories have been told in plenum, you may ask which stories are most characteristic of the workplace. Select at least two stories.
- The images representing the most characteristic stories are hung in a place for all to see. The images can be supplemented by written accounts.
Repeat the exercise, but focus on stories from the ideal workplace. The most remarkable stories are selected and the participants discuss how this ideal can become reality. Agree on when and how the dreams are to be realised.