Before the class begins, create a heart shape on the floor using a long piece of rope. The heart must be big enough to contain a card from each participant. Lay out the Dialoogle Magnum cards outside of the heart. You are allowed to use more than one set of Magnum cards.
- Introduce the topic, e.g. truth, beliefs, friendship, respect for the law, morality or charity; topics that invite the participants to speak from the heart and express their emotions. Ask all students to choose an image that relates to the topic.
- Ask the students who would like to be the first to present their card. Sharing may be difficult at first, but it gets easier. When a student has finished their presentation, ask them to place their card on the floor inside the heart.
- When four or five students have presented their cards, ask if anyone has any additions or questions. All students are free to ask questions when a presentation is over and the card has been placed in the heart ‘puzzle’.
- When the energi begins to fade out, make suggestions like: “Try to choose an image each that symbolises what the topic means to you personally?”
- When interesting views are introduced, encourage elaboration by asking questions like: “Does anyone perceive this differently?” or “What do you think is the reason for your point of view?”. If some of the students are still reluctant to take part, try asking them directly whether they can find a place in the ‘puzzle’ where their individual cards fits in with the previously discussed images.
- Put aside the cards outside of the heart shape. Ask the students to stand around the heart and look at what the cards express as a whole. Ask them what they see.
- Ask a volunteer to stand next to a picture card that speaks to them personally, an image that makes them feel comfortable. Once they have presented their choice, another student can take over.
- When the topic has been discussed thoroughly, ask the students to choose an image each that represents what they have gained from the discussion.
- Tell the students that they can download their chosen image free of charge from the Dialoogle website and use it as a reminder of the results of the exercise.
Divide the heart shape into to equal halves if you want to categorise/differentiate the expressions – e.g. by level of influence or whether the expressions represents beliefs or facts. You may choose to let the class decide what the two halves should repr