The focus of this exercise is to enable you to present yourself and your strengths in a job interview. But you can adapt the exercise to other situations as well.
- Prepare yourself for the job interview. Which strengths and characteristics are of interest to the employer? Write down keywords on a piece of paper. The job advertisement always provides help.
- Lay out a set of Dialoogle picture cards on the table. Select all the cards that represent your strengths that are relevant to the job and place them around the piece of paper with your notes.
- Look carefully at your chosen cards. Select the three cards that represent your greatest strengths. Now it is time for practising. Present yourself and your strengths with the 3 cards.
- Bring the three chosen cards to the job interview.
- When the employer has described the job and asks you how you can contribute, take out the cards and place them on the table one at a time while you present yourself and your strengths.
- If you wish you can give the cards to the employer when you leave the interview. This way you will remain fixed in his mind. Whether you do this step or not, the pictures will have left an impression and you will be easier to remember. Now you will have to be patient and await the outcome.
- If you are asked for a second interview, be prepared that the employer may refer to the picture cards you left behind.
You may involve your partner or a friend in step 1-3. You may also use the exercise to clarify what makes you an interesting dinner partner. Bring the three chosen Pocket cards to dinner, and present them to your dinner partner when they ask questions about you.