- Ask the client to consider which strengths and qualifications are of interest to the employer. Write down keywords on a piece of paper. The job advertisement always provides help.
- Lay out a set of Dialoogle picture cards on the table. Ask the client to select all the cards that represents the strengths that are relevant to the job and place them around the piece of paper with their notes.
- Ask the client to narrow down their chosen cards to three. The remaining cards should represent the client’s greatest strengths and qualifications.
- Ask the client to bring the three chosen cards to the job interview.
- When the employer has described the job and asks the client how they can contribute, they should take out the cards and place them on the table one at a time while they tells the employer about themselves.
- When the interview is over, the client gives the employer the picture cards. This way the client will remain fixed in their minds.
- If the client is invited to the next round of interviews, remind them that the employer may refer to the picture cards they left behind after the previous interview.
You may involve your partner or a friend in step 1-3. You may also use the exercise to clarify what makes you an interesting dinner partner. Bring the three chosen Pocket cards to dinner, and present them to your dinner partner when she asks questions abo