Making an important decision
Visualisation helps you make difficult or important decisions. Through this exercise, you can find concrete ways of turning your dreams into reality.
- Lay out the Dialoogle Pocket cards on the table in front of your conversation partner.
- Ask them to choose a card that says something about themselves and present it to you. Ask them to elaborate on certain parts of the presentation by asking questions like: “What other details in the image reflect your personal characteristics?”
- Ask them to choose a new card that symbolises their dreams.
- Once they has presented the chosen picture cards, place them on the table in front of them one meter apart. Connect the two images with a piece of string.
- Ask your conversation partner to place a pen across the string to indicate how close they are to realising their dream. This is one way of visualising how close they are to realising their dream.
- Ask about the pen’s placement, e.g. “What would help you get closer to realising your dream?” and “What would be the next step?”
- You can move the pen during the conversation in order to stimulate the conversation and thought process.
- Finally, agree on what you should do in preparation for your next appointment.
- Ask them to photograph the pen’s placement between the two images. This can help to motivate them and remind them of this exercise and the steps they need to take to realise their dream.
Having the conversation in a place with enough room to lay out the Magnum cards on the floor is recommended. Moving around while discussing your choices energises the process.
Innovation is discovering, developing and applying new ideas in known workflows and processes. Give innovation a boost with images.
90% of the brain’s sensory input comes from visual sources. Images start thought tracks in the brain. If they cross each other in new combinations, new ideas emerge.
Creativity unfolds when we use imagery and try to combine different and seemingly independent motifs with each other.