Keep the conference on track from start to end
Use Dialoogle to support cohesion and creativity at seminars, conferences and similar events. You will need an appropriate number of Magnum Editions, A3 sheets, clotheslines and clothespins.
- Spread out three times as many Magnum cards as participants on the floor/tables/chairs.
- When participants arrive ask them to choose a picture card that illustrates their expectations to the core theme of the day. You decide how long the process shall go on. If there is a need for flexibility you may prolong it as long as dynamism is high.
- When you stop the introduction exercise participants must keep their cards for later use.
- Then other items on the agenda follow. From time to time you may ask participants to revert to their cards in order to stay focused on the subject of the day.
- As the last activity of the day, everybody meets on the floor, where you have spread out the Magnum cards again. Clotheslines are in place, and A3 sheets, pens and clothespins are available.
- Now, ask all participants to find a picture card that symbolises the most important outcome or idea of the day.
- Then invite them to join in groups of three. If participants have different backgrounds, it will be a good idea to ensure that different viewpoints are represented in each group.
- In the groups, each participant presents his or her cards to the others.
- Then the groups must agree on 1-3 actions that they find necessary in order to implement the overall goal of the day. Allow ample time for discussions.
- The groups must write down their proposals on A3 sheets and choose a picture card that symbolises their idea(s) among the cards they already have or those still lying on the floor. – Then the groups hang their sheet and picture card on the clothesline.
- When all groups are ready, everybody takes a closer look at all the ideas on the clothesline and you discuss them in groups or in plenary.
- Take photos of all the sheets and picture cards on the clothesline and use them for a catalogue of ideas or a conference summary.
840 picture cards
7 pcs. Magnum Set (19x19 cm)
7 pcs. Pocket Set (9x9 cm)
21 exercises in a eBook (PDF)
120 picture cards
1 pcs. Magnum Set (19x19 cm)
1 pcs. Pocket Set (9x9 cm)
21 exercises in an eBook (PDF)
Innovation is discovering, developing and applying new ideas in known workflows and processes. Give innovation a boost with images.
90% of the brain’s sensory input comes from visual sources. Images start thought tracks in the brain. If they cross each other in new combinations, new ideas emerge.
Creativity unfolds when we use imagery and try to combine different and seemingly independent motifs with each other.