Introduction to summer schools
Let the new class get to know each other using picture cards. This exercise is suitable for people who are attending a summer course or school together.
- Lay out the Dialoogle picture cards on a large table.
- Ask each of the participants in the group to choose some picture cards that illustrate something about themselves. It is up to the individual to decide how many cards they choose.
- Ask each participant to select the three cards that represent their most prominent characteristics from the total number of chosen cards.
- Ask each participant to present themselves to the rest of the group members using the selected three picture cards.
- Ask the group to discuss whether there are any overlaps. How are the group members different? Are any images particularly intriguing?
- Place the selected picture cards so that all cards are visible.
- Display the chosen cards in the room sand use them as an alternative way of presenting the group to others.
It may be a good idea to begin by talking about the importance of having the confidence to show who you are and what you believe in.
Innovation is discovering, developing and applying new ideas in known workflows and processes. Give innovation a boost with images.
90% of the brain’s sensory input comes from visual sources. Images start thought tracks in the brain. If they cross each other in new combinations, new ideas emerge.
Creativity unfolds when we use imagery and try to combine different and seemingly independent motifs with each other.