- Lay out the Dialoogle Magnum cards on the floor.
- Ask the participants to choose a picture card that illustrates their visions for improved well-being in the workplace.
- Ask the participants to pair up. One participant describes their visions while the other listens and asks questions. Afterwards, the participants change roles.
- A secure relation is established within the pairs, since they have now got to know each other and have committed themselves to the conversation.
- Ask each pair to place their images on the floor in front of them as an equation 1+1 = New possibilities. Ask the pairs to tell each other about the new possibilities they see unfold when the images are combined.
- When the discussions seem to be finished, ask all the pairs to change the order of their cards. Does the new “equation” generate more ideas and solutions?
- Tell the participants that they are allowed to move their images and place them as they like, if they are not already doing so, upside down, one card covering part of the other, any way they like.
- When time or energy is about to run out, draw a large speech balloon on the blackboard. Ask each participant to write down a few keywords, describing the most important things they have learned from the exercise, inside the speech ballon. Next, the keywords are presented in plenum. You may ask the participants the following:”What can we do to realise your visions? Can anything be solved immediately? What can the management do differently? What can we all do differently? What can you do differently?”. Draw three columns on the blackboard: Immediately – management – employees. Discuss and agree upon a binding timetable.
- Thank the participants for their commitment and courage and make a follow-up appointment.
If a pair cannot come up with more image combinations or if the generation of ideas and solutions ebbs out, you can place an extra picture card as a representation of the ‘plus’ in the equation 1+1.