Idea development for products and services can be simple and fun and engaging. When you have an idea you want to develop for a product or service try the steps below.
- Start by reflecting on the type of product or service in question.
- Place one Dialoogle picture card per participant out in a row one meter apart facing downwards.
- Ask the participants to stand in two lines facing each other.
- Ask the participants in one of the lines to stand next to a card and turn it over. They should pair up with the person in the opposite line and come up with one idea for the product or service based on the picture card. They should get 2 minutes for this discussion.
- Ask one of the lines to move three places to the right, so they can pair up with a new partner. The two people at the end of the line move to the other end.
- Ask the person who didn’t move to present the idea of the old pair to the new partner. Let them discuss and develop this idea further for 2 minutes.
- Move the line three places again and repeat the process. If you want, you can repeat this process a third time.
- Ask the participants to present the ideas in plenum using the pictures.
- Place the cards back in a row one meter apart.
- Ask the participants to step over to the pictures representing the idea that they support the most.
- If there is more than one person by a card, they should choose a coordinator in charge of the idea.
- Have a discussion in plenum about WHO does WHAT WHEN.
Idea development for products and services can also be done in small groups of 2-3 persons, you can ask the participants to begin by doing the exercise by themselves.