Focus on positivity in the group
Boost optimism in groups that need to strengthen morale in challenging times.
- Lay out one or more Dialoogle Magnum sets on the floor. You need one set for every eight participants. Ask the participants to each choose a picture representing each of the following:
• A valuable experience
• A success
• A useful experience connected with a previous failure
• A pleasant surprise
- Ask the participants to form groups of four and present their chosen images to each other. Taking turns, they should present the cards in the order, they are listed above.
- Questions, comments and discussions are welcome in all phases of this exercise.
- As the facilitator of the exercise, keep from interfering and listen to the conversations. The conversations are central, so let them continue as long as needed.
- When each group has listened to and discussed the 16 presentations, ask all participants to gather to talk collectively about what they have gained from the discussions. If you or the students would like to revisit some of the more significant presentations, you can ask the students in question to recount them once more.
It is a good idea to allow plenty of time for the exercise.
Innovation is discovering, developing and applying new ideas in known workflows and processes. Give innovation a boost with images.
90% of the brain’s sensory input comes from visual sources. Images start thought tracks in the brain. If they cross each other in new combinations, new ideas emerge.
Creativity unfolds when we use imagery and try to combine different and seemingly independent motifs with each other.