Before the conversation, meeting or class begins, make shape out a heart on the floor using a long piece of rope. The heart must be big enough to contain a card from each participant. Lay out the Dialoogle Magnum cards outside of the heart. You are allowed to use more than one set of Magnum cards.
- Introduce the topic, e.g. love, religion, friendship or self esteem, topics that invite the participants to speak from the heart and express their emotions. Ask all participants to choose an image that relates to the chosen topic.
- Ask a volunteer to present their chosen picture card. When they have finished their presentation, ask them to place their card on the floor inside the heart.
- When four or five participants have presented their cards, ask if anyone has any additions or questions. All participants are free to ask questions during this exercise.
- When the energi is beginning to fade out, make suggestions like: “Choose an image that symbolises what the topic (love, beliefs, friendship, working environment, self esteem) means to you personally?”
- Ask clarifying questions during the exercise, e.g. “Does anyone perceive this differently?” or “What do you think is the reason for your point of view?”. If a participant is reluctant to take part, try asking them directly if they can find a place in the ‘puzzle’ where their card fits in with the previously discussed images.
- Put aside the cards outside of the heart shape. Ask the participants to stand around the heart and look at what the cards express as a whole. Ask them what they see.
- Ask a volunteer to stand next to a card that symbolises charity, presence, solicitude, recognition or other things that the participants have discussed and deemed important. Once the volunteer has presented their choice, the next participant can take over.
- Once the topic has been discussed thoroughly, ask the participants to choose an image each that represents what they have gained from the conversation.
- Tell the participants that they can download their chosen image free of charge from the Dialoogle website and use it as a reminder of the results of the exercise.
Divide the heart shape into to equal halves if you want to categorise/differentiate the expressions – e.g. by level of influence or whether the expressions represents beliefs or facts. You may choose to let the participants decide what the two halves shou