Before the conversation begins, create a heart shape on the floor using a long piece of rope. The heart must be big enough to contain a card from each participant. Lay out the Dialoogle Magnum cards outside of the heart. You are allowed to use more than one set of Magnum cards.
- Introduce the topic. Ask all participants to choose an image that relates to the topic and invites people to express their emotions and speak from the heart.
- Ask who wants to be the first to present their choice of card. Sharing may be difficult at first, but it gets easier. Once a participant has finished their presentation, ask them to place the chosen card inside the heart shape on the floor.
- When four or five participants have presented their cards, ask if anyone has any additions or questions. All participants are free to ask questions when a presentation is over and the card has been placed in the heart ‘puzzle’.
- When the energi begins to fade out, make new suggestions like: ”Try to choose an image each that symbolises what the topic means to you personally.” At this point, the participants should have loosened up and be less shy.
- When interesting views are introduced, encourage elaboration by asking questions like: “Does anyone perceive this differently?” or “What do you think is the reason for your point of view?” If some of the participants are still reluctant to take part, try asking them directly whether they can find a place in the ‘puzzle’ where their individual cards fits in with the previously discussed images.
- Put aside the cards outside of the heart shape. Ask the participants to stand around the heart and look at what the cards express as a whole. Ask them what they see.
- Ask a volunteer to stand next to a card that symbolises ways of improving the working environment, putting a stop to bullying or other things that the participants have discussed and deemed important. Once the volunteer has presented his choice, another participant can take over.
- When the topic has been discussed thoroughly, ask the participants to choose an image each that represents what they have gained from the discussion.
- Tell the participants that they can download their chosen image free of charge from the Dialoogle website and use it as a reminder of the results of the exercise.
Divide the heart shape into to equal halves if you want to categorise/differentiate the expressions – e.g. by level of influence or by distinguishing between the bully and the victim. You may choose to let the group decide what the two halves should repre