- Choose four picture cards that symbolise your perception of each of these characteristics:
a. Active and determined
b. Talkative and open-minded
c. Disciplined and correct
d. Sincere and cooperative
- Place the four cards so that they form the four corners of a square.
- Point at the picture in the corner that best describe the way you deal with your (job) tasks.
- Decide which picture corner you would like to move towards when you are dealing with your (job) tasks – in order to please your manager, your colleagues and yourself.
- Now choose three picture cards that symbolise what you will have to change in your daily behaviour in order to move closer to becoming a role model to yourself and others. Place them on top of the pictures in the three corners you do not want to move towards.
- Write down on a piece of paper what you need to start doing right away in order to come closer to becoming a role model. Place your action plan in the middle of the square.
- Take a photo of your set-up and keep it on your phone as a reminder to help you become the role model you want to be.
If you do this exercise in a group, tell each other which picture corner dominates your behaviour, and which one(s) that would help you become your individual role models. Ask each other questions, and give feedback.